Have you suffered from stonemasonry damage lately? The extremely high winds we have experienced this week have caused considerable damage to properties across Edinburgh this week, particularly to vulnerable sandstone chimneys. We have had a number of calls from worried proprietors reporting blown over chimneys and chimney cans, garden walls which have collapsed and one where a tree blew down onto a wall severely damaging it.
This type of weather also tends to highlight any water ingress problems, such as missing pointing, cracked masonry etc, where driving rain can enter the building causing internal damage.
Should you have any issues with weather damage to your property, place take a look at our pages on the website about chimney repairs in Edinburgh and our page about lime pointing and repointing of stonework.
We sincerely hope your building has had no issues with the weather, but if you are at all concerned please do not hesitate to Contact Us to arrange a free report and quotation.
All the best,
Why Choose Us:
- We have over 30 years hands-on experience as stonemasons
- We have a full range of expert stonemasonry and sandstone restoration skills
- We only use lime mortar for re-pointing, sandstone repairs and building work
- We choose our team based on the quality of their work and quality of their character
- Flexible Quoting: we come at a time that suits you, even on the same day if required
Do your stones’ need repairing due to weathering and old age? If so, we can bring them back to new again. As stonemasons Edinburgh, we can offer you two effective methods for repairing your stones, which are part Indenting and lithomex.